Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back on track

Ok so I realize I haven't blogged in over a week and I have had many things to say however I just couldn't put what I wanted into words. As I sit here once again thinking about what stories to share all I can think of is this past weekends events. It has been beautiful out all week and the kids have enjoyed their time outdoors for the most part. Saturday started off rough with the normal kids squealing and screaming, who needs an alarm with these boys, so much for some rest on the weekend. This lack of sleep also gets Gel up groggy and cranky and the inner demon comes out and she starts with a growl going into more of a possessed sounding hollar. As usual the boys have taunted her getting into her things in her room. I know she knows they come in there and she just lets them get into things as she lays around watching so she can yell at them. I really don't know how much more attitude I can deal with from her.Ugh.

So the day moves on and we get ready for the "Cowboy Parade" in town. Yippee the smell of horse crap, I know I am excited (insert eye roll). Takes 2 hours to get out of the house and walking to the car I smell poop. So turn around to change Joe's diaper. Finally we are off. Get there walk to a good spot to see the horses and see a friend there. Yay another grown up I can chat with! We watch the short 10 minute display of horses and buggies (I think was this worth it for 10 minutes?). Then one rider shouts in Toms direction "YEE HAW" Tom turns around and gave me the craziest expresion (yep it was worth it). This is how you know we are city people. On the walk back to the car Tom keeps yelling out "Gay up horses Gay up" I asked him what he was saying that for he told me " Because thats what you say to the horses Duh Mom" oh of course he mean't "Giddy Up!" But even after correcting him he still says it his way.

I decide to suck up my Wally World Boycott and take them all out to get a few things. This reminded me why I boycotted them and I hope to not try it again. Shopping with kids is hard work and why do I always spend more with them and forget why I am there? But We made it home.

SUNDAY FUNDAY
This morning started the same as yesterday. But Gel decided she was going to let me rest and took the boys outside to play. It would be a great gesture but she had alterior motives and I can't sleep when they are awake, something might happen to them. I stayed in and watched them from my window until I heard Joe shove Daddy's Big Bully (bowling ball) Down the porch steps. Guess he wanted to bowl for cars not pins.

Not at all did the kids listen all day and of course as everyday dad is working. Why is it they do not listen to me? Don't respect me? It is so tiring when dad comes home tells them once and they do what he tells them but they can drive me so crazy.

I go into the kitchen and step in a gooey mystery in front of the fridge. What you wonder? Upon further investigation it is eggs! Bet that was fun..... Must have happened when they were suppose to be napping while I was helping Gel with her hair crisis. Now I am off to try again to make dinner with clean feet. Hope you all had a fun event filled weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment